NIS-R simplifies communication
NIS-R is in use 24/7 as a communication platform and, due to communicating across different technologies, facilitates the smooth operation of numerous railways.
Telematix has developed specific solution modules that can be optimally used for applications in the following areas:
- Operational telecommunication including the integration of additional GSM-R, analogue radio and TETRA functions
- Intuitive dispatcher work stations
- Emergency communication and the specific terminals required
- PA announcements for information or evacuation purposes
- Customer information via displays
It goes without saying that we will advise and support you during all project phases and that we will continue to be there for you after the successful transition into operation. Our customer service and the longevity of our products are as important to us as is providing an optimal technical solution that meets all of your requirements.
The NIS-R communication system was in many respects developed specifically for use in the railway segment and therefore meets the highest demands with respect to sturdiness, availability, scalability, audio quality and compliance with standards.
We can put together a communication system that is optimised for your purpose from a wide range of our own components, combined with products from third-party manufacturers, if required.
Depending on the application, completely different technologies are used and various communication functions can be combined within one system (e.g. emergency calls and PA system).
The NIS-R communication solution is highly configurable and can be optimally adapted to the project-specific requirements. Furthermore, the system can be embedded seamlessly in an existing infrastructure by means of various interfaces and gateways (connection to control or monitoring systems, as well as communication and data networks).
Market solutions for railways
With our NIS-R communication system you can optimally cover virtually all communication needs in the rail segment.
Communication with GSM-R subscribers
It is connected to the GSM-R network via two central GSM-R gateways (trunk connection + data interfaces). The GSM-R-specific functions are supported end-to-end to the dispatcher terminals: Functional addressing, call priorities, rail emergency calls, group calls, broadcast calls, DSD alarms, short messages, etc.
Furthermore, additional interfaces to a train traffic control system and/or an IN server facilitate the dynamic display of train lists with up-to-date train locations filtered by responsibility. This way a dispatcher always sees the trains moving within his/her area of responsibility on their SBG operating terminal.
See also GSM-R dispatcher solution
Role-based call routing, local/remote switching
- User login linked to authorisation groups (only authorised operators are given access to certain roles and call destinations)
- The same role can be assumed at several SBGs at the same time (to relieve a work station when the degree of capacity utilisation is high)
- Roles can be assumed remotely from work stations that are no longer staffed
- Several roles can be assumed at the same time at one work station (local / remote operation, day / night operation, shift changeover)
- Once you have assumed a role, the SBG operating terminal displays a customised user interface configured for the specific role
Communication with analogue radio users
With our MGV4000 gateway family you can exploit communication with different analogue and digital radio networks (E&M, TETRA, MPT1327, etc.). Therefore, NIS-Rail enables the dispatcher to simultaneously communicate with a range of radio networks that are based on very different technologies.
See also Radio dispatcher solution
The NIS-Rail solution provides comprehensive PA functions that enable you make PA announcements, either from a local or a remote/central PA terminal, to any platform in excellent audio quality. By installing the PASys services on the NIS-R, time-controlled, fully automatic announcements in several languages can also be programmed.
For further details on PA solutions, please visit Solutions/PA solutions.
Communication with the private and public telephone network
Via NIS-Rail’s integrated subscriber and rights management you can specify individually, both for incoming and outgoing calls, which destinations may be called and which must not be called.
Communication with call points in the customer and rail track segment
- Call points in the vicinity of the rail tracks (e.g. for talking via speakerphone from an adjacent shunting engine)
- Call points in tunnel recesses
- SOS telephones and information points on platforms
- Call points integrated into information walls
- Call points integrated into ticket machines